Honey glazed rump of lamb with parsley new potatoes, sautéed green cabbage and asparagus.
Ingredients for 4
- 4 7-8oz square cut lamb rumps
- 4 tbsp honey
- 16 new potatoes (cut in ½)
- 1 green spring cabbage
- 2 bunches asparagus (1/2 spears)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pt stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Seal in a hot pan and roast the lamb to your liking. (Our Head Chef roasts his for 10-12 minutes so it's still pink in the middle but if you prefer well done, roast for 30-35 minutes). 2-3 minutes before the end of cooking the lamb, pour on the honey and return to the oven to glaze.
2. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and finely chop the parsley. When the potatoes are cooked, drain, place in a bowl with some butter and the parsley.
3. Wash and finely shred the cabbage. Trim and blanch the asparagus. Gently heat a pan with some butter and saute together with the cabbage and asparagus. Season to taste.
4. Drain the pan the lamb was sealed in and deglaze with the stock. Reduce to the desired consistency and season. In the last minute, whisk in a knob of butter.
5. Carve the lamb and assemble each part as desired - enjoy!