A simple pickled cucumber recipe - great for summer barbecues!
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Herbs (Dill and Chervil work well)
1. Peel and very thinly slice the cucumber and place in a bowl.
2. Mix the honey and vinegar together and pour over the cucumber.
3. Place in the fridge overnight.
4. Remove from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature (there should be liquid in the bowl).
5. Chop the desired herbs. Drain the cucumber and mix in the herbs.
6. Taste and season (add a little more honey if needed).
Serve on the side as an accompaniment to freshly made gravadlax or good quality smoked salmon, or simply double the quantities and use it as a summer salad.