If you're tired of baking banana bread every weekend, try this simple recipe and bake some delicious Apple, Cinnamon and Honey muffins. Perfect for a weekend treat!
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp honey
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
- ¼ cup pecan nuts, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
2. Rub in the butter. Add the chopped nuts, apple and honey.
3. Break the egg, add the milk and combine.
4. Pour the liquid into the dry mix.
5. Mix until just combined, do not over work. Spoon into lined muffin tins and bake in the oven at 425f for 15 to 20 minutes. Leave to cool.