A simple recipe for a tasty honey marinade, delicious on chicken and vegatables.
(To marinate 5 chicken breasts cut lengthways)
- ¼ pt rapeseed oil
- ¼ pt olive oil
- 2 tbsp cajun or fajita spice
- 1 large sprig of thyme (leaves to go in the marinade, discard the stalks)
- 3 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
1. Place all the ingredients into a bowl and combine. Pour over the pre-prepared chicken breasts and marinade overnight.
2. BBQ or pan fry and serve with some homemade jacket wedges or a classic caeser salad.
Roasted Carrots with Honey and Tarragon
- Rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Fresh chopped tarragon
1. Peel and cut your carrot into chunky batons, and blanch and drain.
2. Roast on a tray with some rapeseed oil and salt and pepper until crisp on the outside but soft in the middle, pour over some honey and roast till golden brown, finish with some fresh chopped tarragon and serve.
It also gives a nice flavour to roast meats like Gammon, Pork and Lamb, roast the joint as normal, and for the last 10-15 minutes, spoon some honey over the joint and glaze.