The business world is experiencing ‘seismic’ changes according to Deloitte’s annual Global Human Capital Trends report. Ensuring you take time away from the office for planning, strategic thinking and employee engagement is more important than ever before.
Here are 10 trends you need to take notice of to keep your business ahead of the curve:
1. “Real day-to-day work gets done in networks” - the best performing companies have their foundations firmly rooted in teams.
2. "Continuous learning is critical for business success" - millennials will leave a company if their development is not taken seriously – successful businesses must have a culture of ongoing learning.
3. "Creating an attractive employment brand" - employee engagement begins from the recruitment experience – it can make or break a good ongoing work culture.
4. "Employees expect a productive, engaging, enjoyable work experience" - methods of communication within businesses need to improve to make customer service and employee experience better.
5. “Employees want more regular feedback” - continuous feedback and collaborative conversations about work are crucial to productivity and corporate culture.
6. "Leadership capabilities are not keeping pace" - the next generation of leaders need to be more adaptable and increasingly team-minded to be successful.
7. "An integrated, digital experience at work" - technology must be used carefully to develop cultures of innovation, without overwhelming employees in the process.
8. "Data to understand every part of a business operation" - people analytics is an emerging discipline and should be used to drive in-person interactions.
9. “Diversity and inclusion now impacts brand, corporate purpose and performance” - diversity and inclusion should be embedded in every aspect of a business – the modern workforce demands it becomes part of work culture.
10. "Rethink the role of people” - automation makes the role of people more – and not less – important.
Read our full Workplace of the Future article, including practical tips for your business and case studies about how companies such as Airbnb, MasterCard and Philips are tackling these trends.